Marietta Few Clark – April 19, 1925 – November 3, 2015

Filed under: Obituaries |

clarkMarietta Few Clark was born on April 19, 1925 in Midlothian, Texas to Eunice McElroy and Curtis Wave Few. She is a descendent of two pioneer Ellis County families, Ward and McElroy. Marietta finished her earthly journey on November 3, 2015.

She attended Midlothian schools and on June 30, 1943 married the love of her life, Martin Leon Clark, who preceded her in death in 1996. They settled in Midlothian after living in Ft. Knox, Kentucky and Denver, Colorado during World War II. In 1954 they moved to Cedar Hill to open Clark Insurance Agency, the oldest family business in Cedar Hill. Marietta was active in all areas of the community and served as an officer and board member of many civic organizations and clubs. She was a member of the Cedar Hill Church of Christ and a former member of the Old Chisholm Trail Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution. Marietta was known for her love of people and ability to relate to young and old alike. Her love of family and history led her to be intensely interested in genealogy. She was an avid reader and loved antiques, traveling, crossword puzzles, having a cup of coffee with friends and spending time with her family.

She is survived by: children, Linda (Greg) Patton, Kay (Ronny) Geddie and Larry (Jean) Clark: grandchildren, Jenny (Mark) Frantz, Jay (Amy) Patton, Ryan (Alexia) Geddie, Chris (Mindy) Geddie, Carrie (Josh) Milam and David Clark: great-grandchildren, John and Michael Sinor, Audrey and Joshua Patton, Jaydon Milam, Reagan Geddie and Noble Martin Geddie: sister-in-law Rita Faye Sparks and many nieces, nephews, cousins and friends.

jaynesThe family wishes to thank her caregivers at Springbrook House for lovingly caring for her the last two years.

Funeral Service is 10:00 AM Monday Nov. 9, 2015 at Cedar Hill Church of Christ, 525 S. Clark Road.

Burial follows at Dallas Fort Worth National Cemetery.

The family will receive friends from 6-8 PM, Sunday at Jaynes Memorial Chapel in Duncanville.