DHS Athletic Update – May 4, 2012
The Duncanville Track and Field team competed at the Regional Meet in late April, with these outstanding performances:
- Aaron Piper, Delon Bobb, Trent Shumate, and Julian Walker – Fourth Place, 4X1 Relay
- Adam Butler – Third Place, Shot Put
- Keshira McKnight – Fourth Place, 200 Open
These students will compete in the State Track and Field Meet in Austin on May 11 and 12:
- Beverly Coleman, KeShira McKnight, Paisley Brown, and Mikayla Hightower – Girls 4X1 Relay
- Jasmine Carter, Shannon Moore, Paisley Brown, and Mikayla Hightower – Girls 4X2 Relay
- Shannon Moore, KeShira McKnight, Paisley Brown, and Mikayla Hightower – Girls 4X4 relay. This team’s qualifying time in this race bettered the school record by 2 ½ seconds.
- Aaron Piper, Delon Bobb, Trent Shumate, and Julian Walker – Boys 4X2 Relay (Regional Champions)
- Tray Thompson, Julian Walker, Delon Bobb, and Richard Gary – Boys 4X4 Relay
- Richard Gary – 400 Open
Congratulations to the Boys Track and Field team as 2012 Co-Regional Champions. Good luck at state!
Duncanville HS junior Jocelle Rudico pursued the girls singles title at the UIL State Tennis Tournament on Monday, April 30 at Lakeway World of Tennis in Austin. She was defeated in her quarterfinal match against eventual state champion Sugarland Dulles senior Mariam Zein. Congratulations, Jocelle, on a great year!